Thursday, July 17, 2014

Jetlag?

What’s the worth possible thing that could happen to someone on a 14 hour plane flight? Yup, explosive diaherrea. But that didn’t happen to me so the flight was fine. After the flight, however, I got to experience the beauty that is customs. After waiting in line for an hour the worker said, “why did you come to Australia to study? America has much better universities.” I chuckled but he was serious. Australians have a sarcastic pride, but not sarcastic. It’s difficult to explain because we all know American’s are damn loud and proud of their pride. With Australians, you can tell they’re proud to live in the “Lucky Country,” but it seems, as they will never admit it. That’s what I’ve noticed so far, other than that they have parks on every block. Anyways, got off the plane at six and I went to meet my airport shuttle bloke (man). I didn’t end up meeting him until 8:30 and I was pretty cranky and pissed that I just missed him.
HOWEVER, it turned out to be the best thing that’s happened on this adventure this far. Because I missed his earlier shuttle I was picked up at the airport along with three other students. Once we got to the Village we were split up into two different rooms. Things in our room made us pretty uncomfortable and all four of us decided to try to live together in a six-bedroom apartment with two other guys who we have yet to meet. It sounds strange but we felt pretty comfortable with each other and we’re all in the same position, knowing nothing about this country. As of now, my three roommates are from Sweden, Canada and the States: Felix, Karen and Alison. I’m the youngest of the four at twenty but I’m pretty convinced we’re all the same. We all like our cleanliness, which wasn’t the case at the room I was in at first. We’re all outgoing and I couldn’t think of any other three people I’d want to get lost with around Parramatta and the rest of this continent. I think because of them things haven’t felt so strange, because we’re all relatively feeling the same way. I haven’t felt the jetlag at all. But here’s to thinking it won’t kick in any second!
            Anyways, if you want some more detail on the move in check out Felix’s blog http://downunder.nu/?p=57, his is much cooler and he’s a fantastic writer. (The Chemistry major has dumbed down my English skills.)

            Right-O you dags, cheers from down undaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment